Consider this in the time of COVID-19
In the past few weeks we’ve seen a threat that once seemed so distant become close and real. On a worldwide scale, we’ve seen the growing reign of the Corona virus and its impact on our day-to-day lives; it is in the hands of our communities to be cautious and responsible to lower the impact caused by COVID-19.
According to the Florida Department of Health, this means:
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Eat nutritious, well-balanced meals.
- Dry your hands with a clean towel or air dry after washing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces often (especially tabletops, counters, door knobs, phones, tablets, keyboards, bathroom fixtures, toilets and bedside tables).
- Call before going to your doctor.
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Limit social interactions.
While it may feel like chaos, it is important to remember most measures taken are precautionary in order to halt the spread of the virus. In order to slow the spread, we all have a responsibility to put in our part. Below are infographics from the CDC to help us do so.